For marketing managers and growth leaders, Discord plays a key role in creating and nurturing online communities. The steady growth of the platform means that it will remain dominant in an emerging Web3 world.
Statistics show that in September 2021, the company saw 150 million global monthly active users. This is an increase of 50 percent compared to June 2020, when it had 100 million users.
Discord first launched as a web browser app. This enabled users to join the platform by using almost any device. Today, there is a Discord app for Mac, Windows, and a Discord mobile app.
Downloading and Installing Discord App for Mac
Here are the simple steps to follow to download Discord on a Mac.
- Visit the official Discord download page.
- Click on the highlighted ‚ÄúDownload for Mac‚Äù option (Make sure that you have about 78 MB of disk space on your device).
- Go to the device download folder. Now, double-click the discord.dmg file which has been downloaded.
- A window on the screen will display a Discord icon and an applications folder. Drag the Discord icon into the Applications folder, using the arrow displayed.
- Eject the Discord icon from your desktop.
- The Discord app is now installed. The installation file is no longer needed and can be deleted.
Downloading and Installing Discord App for Windows
For a Windows device, here are the steps to follow.
- Navigate to the official Discord download page. Click on the ‚ÄúDownload for Windows‚Äù option. This will require approximately 67 MB of disk space.
- Click on the prompt to download the DiscordSetup.exe file. Once it has finished downloading, double-click the file. This will start the Discord download process.
- During the installation, the program may also download and install any supplementary updates that are needed.
- Now, the user will have to log in with verified registration details.
- The download and login process is complete. You may now use Discord on your Windows device.
Apart from Windows and Mac, Discord has an app for the Linux operating system.
Also read, How to log in to Discord?
Downloading the Discord Mobile App
Discord also has apps for mobile devices.
- For devices using Android software, visit the Discord download page on the Google Play Store. The download and installation process is the same as other Android apps.
- For devices running iOS software, visit the Discord download page on Apple‚Äôs App Store. Tap the icon to download and install.
- For Android and iOS devices, users must register and log in the first time they launch the Discord app.
In the second quarter of 2022, Discord mobile apps saw approximately 26 million downloads from global users.
Once Discord has been downloaded on the device of choice, there is a whole world of engagement waiting to be discovered. To find out more about how you can drive engagement on your discord community, register with Blaze.